Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The story of David...

I have been reading the story of David alot here lately, and it is amazing how you can hear and read a story in the Bible many times in your life and then God begins to lead you into a specific book or story in the Bible. It's amazing how much God has been revealing to me in this story, studying your Bible is so much better when you are led by the Spirit!!

One of the things that stood out to me last night, when David had the opportunity to take Saul's life and he cut his robe, the scripture said that pretty much immediately David's heart smote him...he knew as soon as he cut that section of Saul's robe, that he did not want to go down that path!! When Saul left the cave David followed him out, bowed to the ground on his knees, buried his face in the ground and let Saul know that he would not take his life....WOW!!

Can you imagine what would happen in the church if we could get some young leaders that would respect God's anointed, even when God's anointed is out to kill them? I think revival would break out in the church, we would begin to see some pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, children's pastors, etc. begin to lay down their pride and sacrifice their selfish ambitions and be crucified with Christ....that is after all what we need. 2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments