Thursday, September 17, 2009

All that really matters...

Have you ever gotten so wrapped up in little things, that you forgot to take a step back and look at the big picture? I think we all have, we get so busy with "things" that really don't matter that we forget the one thing that is most important and that is our relationship with Jesus Christ!

It reminds me of the story in the Bible where Jesus goes to visit Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. Martha gets so caught up working for Christ that she forgets to stop and tell Him how much she loves him, there is no doubt in my mind that Martha loved Christ. The very reason Martha was working so tirelessly was because of her love for Christ. So, don't stop working for Christ, but remember as Mary did, Luke 10:42 - But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

The Bible also says this, 1 Corinthians 13:3 - And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Basically what the Word is getting at here is that being in love with God is THE most important part of our lives.

How is your love relationship with God?

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments