Monday, September 8, 2008

Sexually Abused...

Do you know anyone that has been sexually abused? Have you yourself been sexually abused? How does being sexually abused affect someone's mind in regards to sex? These are all questions that I have been asking myself and will be researching over the next few weeks, there are several people that I am close to that were victims of sexual abuse and I have seen the effects that abuse can have on someone throughout their life.

Over the next few weeks I want you to continuously check back in as we go through and really search out this dispicable wrong that is, sexual abuse. When I say sexual abuse I am talking about rape, molestation, etc.

I want to know how this effects future relationships, marriage, sexual relationships, self-esteem, etc. If you have or you know anyone that has been sexually abused, please contact me with the best answers that you can give to these questions. Toward the "end" of this series of blogs, we will also go to the Word of God and see what encouragement God has for those who have been done wrong and what steps you can take to get the healing that God has for you, so that you might have life and have life more abundantly!!

2 comments:

Only For Christ said...

I was a victim of sexual molestation when I was 10 years old. This was something that was perpetrated upon my very being and soul. I have found the grace and strength to endure what had happened and walk in forgiveness and prayer for the person who done this thing. Yes, I have scars in my soul because of this and this has caused problems in my own life even to this very day. But when I look at the Scriptures I see this:


Genesis 41:51-52 ( KJV ) 51And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father’s house. 52And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.


Job 11:16-19 ( KJV ) 16Because thou shalt forget thy misery, and remember it as waters that pass away: 17And thine age shall be clearer than the noonday; thou shalt shine forth, thou shalt be as the morning. 18And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety. 19Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee afraid; yea, many shall make suit unto thee.

The main thing is mankind has a sin problem and it is contagious. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Only one cure for sin and that is blood of Jesus Christ. Ye must be born again.
Later

Anonymous said...

I was sexually abused by my stepfather at the age of 13. It went on for about a year of my life until I found the courage to tell someone. For the longest time The abuse made me feel like an object and for the longest time I put the blame on myself and believed it was all my fault. I often asked myself what if? This question drove me insane. At this point of my life I was very depressed. I didn’t want to believe that this was happening so I tried to block it out of my mind. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t forget. I was in a state of denial for I thought something like this could not happen to me. The truth is it can happen to anyone, I just didn’t want to believe it. I’ve always been one of those people who bottles everything up on the inside and that did not help matters any. I even pushed those who cared about me the most away.

It is now many years later and it still affects me. The sexual abuse has left me with deep scars on the inside and it has made it extremely difficult for me to trust anyone especially guys. At times I still suffer from flashbacks and nightmares. I know that my God is helping me through this. I am still in a process of healing and I believe I have come a long way on my journey. I would not of made it this far without God. I still have problems to this day due to what I went through, but God is my source of strength on whom I can always call upon. I truly believe Satan wanted to use this to destroy me, but I'm not going to allow that to happen. What Satan uses to harm us God can turn it around and use it for his glory. I don’t understand why I had to go through this, but maybe God can use me to help someone else who has or who is going through a similar situation.

God heals the brokenhearted.
God tells us the cast all our cares upon us, for he cares about us.

Intense Debate Comments