Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sexually Abused II

When I first felt like, after praying extensively, that the next topic to blog about would be sexual abuse. That I know of, there are 3 close family members that have been abused sexually. As I began to think and pray for those who have been sexually abused, I figured that in the first blog that I would write a blog with many statistics and facts and lay the foundation so that people who had not been abused would "understand" the torment, pain, and suffering that those who have been abused, go through.

But, God had a different plan...tonight as I was praying at Bible Study, I felt a burden so heavy I could not speak, I began to cry uncontrollably and felt a grief, pain, and sorrow that I have never felt before. Immediately I knew that this is only a brief glimpse of the pain that those that have been abused feel.

I want you to know, if you have been sexually abused, there is hope, there is healing. God has sent people like myself and many others to let you know that God Loves You and he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. God has sent us here to tell you that there is healing. Luke 4: 18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

It is not your fault, there is nothing that you have done to deserve this and God wants to heal you of the hurt and pain that you are experiencing. We will be praying for each and everyone of you, stay tune as we will continue to address the issue of sexual abuse...In the next few weeks we will have some testimonies of those who have been sexual abused and some words of hope from those same people about the heaking power of God.

God Bless,
Nathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, good blog. I'm so proud of you. You've grown so much in God. You have many words of wisdom to offer. One thing....You have a typo. At the end of your post when you said healing power you typed it as heaking....just thought I'd do that cause I love you and all.
I love you!
Lisha

Intense Debate Comments