Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sexually Abused III

I received this e-mail from a young lady, she shared with me how being sexually abused affected her and the way that she viewed life. I asked her if I could share this with you and she said she would be more than happy to share this, her and I both hope that this helps someone out there who has been dealing with the grusome reality of sexual abuse, and if you know someone that has been sexually abused and is having a hard time right now, please tell them about this blog, or simply share this story with them.

Here is the e-mail I received;
"Absolutely abuse continues to haunt you the rest of your life... I think for me it changed not only how I viewed the world but it made you view yourself as an object. Certainly the world and the media objectifies you already so it becomes dare I say "normal" to see yourself as an object. Thus destroying your self esteem and before you know it you see no value yourself. This is why some people that are abused can become more promiscuous."

I know without a doubt this is how many of you feel, the only way that you see value in yourself is by resorting to a life of promiscuity, the reason for this is because this is the only way that you think you have value and it is the only time that it gives you a feeling of self-esteem or a feeling of self worth.

Know this, God sees value in you, no matter what has happened to you and no matter what you have done, the scripture says this, Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. It also says Luke 12:6, 7 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. (emphasis added)

You are valuable to God, he loves you, it is not your fault what happened to you!!! Cry out to God and he will hear your cry and will bring healing to your life!!! Psalms 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. God wants to heal your broken heart, just cry out to him he will hear your cry!!

God, We come before you today humbled by your presence, God I pray in the name of Jesus today that you will hear the cry of those who are crying out for healing in their heart and mind...God I pray that they would begin to feel the healing taking place now, and that they will know that they can call on you and you will hear their cry!!! God, I pray that they will cast their cares on you, for you care for them, in the name of Jesus, Amen.

He will take the pain away, I know, he will take the pain away!!!

God Bless,
Nathan

No comments:

Intense Debate Comments