Monday, January 4, 2010

The Pursuit of Holiness

At the end of '09 and the beginning of the 2010, I have been praying and asking God about what my goals spiritually should be for this year and this one scripture has kept coming back to my mind every time I pray and I believe that I am not the only one that God desires for this to be their goal this year! The passage is Hebrews 12:14 - Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

For so long when someone says the word "holiness" immediately people think of legalism and an outward standard that defines your level of holiness towards God, and while setting a standard and sticking to it is important, there is one thing that we must remember, EVERYONE has some level of inconsistency in them, but God is the same today, yesterday and forever! So, instead of focusing on the standards that one sets, let us instead actually do what the scripture instructs us to do, and pursue holiness.

The pursuit of holiness is not about something that we do or don't do, and it's not about something that we wear or don't wear, it is about setting ourselves apart to see God. If you are truly setting yourself apart and seeking God diligently, then the outward standards will take care of themselves!

Another reason it is so important to pursue holiness, is because God said to, He said, Be ye holy, for I am holy! Leviticus 20:7 - Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. So pursue Holiness, God's Holiness!!

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments