Monday, January 25, 2010

I am NOT perfect!!

God knows exactly what you need when you need it and never fails to speak to you right when you need it and I am so thankful for that!! I am a people-person, I want everyone to like me, I want to be friends with everyone, I hate disappointing people, hate to say things that would make someone mad or that might hurt their feelings. I love people, and this weakness of seeking every one's approval has always gave me the complex that I have to do things PERFECT!

God has really been dealing with me about this here lately and it came to a point last night, as always I was going through the nightly beat myself up ritual...as I was doing this I decided to open my e-mail. I am subscribed to receive Mark Batterson's blog to my e-mail and the last e-mail I received was titled, The Applause of Nail-Scarred Hands. As I began to read I felt like weeping, I felt like God was speaking directly to me, and I realize now, I am not perfect and I don't have to be, I only need to seek after holiness, I only need to seek for the applause of nail-scarred hands!!

As Mark Batterson said, the only applause we are meant to seek is that of nail-scarred hands.

So if you wrestle with this, be encouraged and seek after the only approval that matters, God's!!

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments