Friday, January 29, 2010

A Father's Pride

Just a couple of days ago I was working from home and I was sitting at the table and my son Jake was doing something that he should not have been doing, so I told him not to and gave him a little more further direction that was a little more detailed than stopping what he was doing. He immediately obeyed me, to the letter, and at that moment I felt an incredible amount of pride.

It was then that I heard the Lord say this, that is how I feel when you obey me...wow talk about a flood of emotions that started flooding through me!!! On the one hand, I was encouraged that the Lord would speak to me at that moment, on the other hand I was incredibly convicted thinking of the many times that I have not obeyed God. It reminded me of the story of Abraham and Isaac, God told Abraham to take his only son Isaac and offer him as a sacrifice, this was no doubt a tough decision to make. The scripture says that Abraham awoke the very next morning and departed to follow God's instructions, that is what God is looking for from us, immediate obedience.

Is there something in your life that God has told you to do or not do?

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments