Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I will NOT be defeated!!!

I have grown up in church my entire life and I can't imagine any other kind of life, trying to think about life from another perspective is very hard to do, but I have begun to try and look at the church from an outside perspective and see what does the World see? I have noticed something about the church as a whole here lately, this may offend some but I want you to really think about this because I believe it is the reason the Church and Christians in general are in the position we are today.

We have a DEFEATED mentality, what do I mean by that? Let me tell you, have you ever been in a service where the crowd was very low and someone got up and started talking about the fact that people were out and the crowd was low, but the Bible says where two or three are gathered in my name, I am in the midst of them? Don't get me wrong, God is with us no matter the numbers, understand where I am going here. Or have you been in a conversation where someone said, well were just doing what we can to survive, just trying to keep the people we have?

Why are we this way, does not the Word of God say in Romans 8:37-39 - Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Such a powerful portion of scripture but what I want you to notice is that it said that we are more than conquerors through Christ!! It's as if we haven't even read the back of the book that we live our lives by!! Why don't we start living a victorious life, because that is why Jesus came and gave his life on Calvary...John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Christ came not so we could live a defeated life, not so that we could act like we are handicapped in some way, but so we can live victoriously, so start doing just that break away from the defeated mind set and live a victorious life through Christ!!

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments