Monday, March 28, 2011

Identity Crisis - Day 2

Day 2; As I said yesterday, over the course of the next month I am going to be taking a journey through the Word of God to find out who I am as a Christian, a Husband, a Father, and a Minster of the Gospel. I believe this is something that we all need to do at one time or another, if for no other reason but to be reminded of the basic things that God has commissioned us to do. Of course, you may not have the same "titles" as I do so you'll want to take this journey and alter it to fit the few things that you are...you could add Son, Brother, Employee, etc. So, here is what I have gleaned from God's spoken Word today; As a Christian, I am;

  • Chosen - 1 Peter 2:9; But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; Something very humbling to think about in that passage of Scripture...Yaweh, the very creator of the Universe, the one that spun the stars and the planets into existence, the one that sits now uppn His throne hearing and answering the prayers of millions, the one that breathed the very breath of life into Adam....He CHOSE me and no only that but He brought me into the light, he gave me not only life but that more abundantly? That is more than I can comprehend but, it's true!

  • Part of the Family - Roman 8:15 - For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." When I am full of the Holy Spirit, I believe you will find this Spirit of Adoption, because where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty!! In His presence there is a peace that passes all understanding and a joy that is unspeakable and full of glory!!

There are so many more verses that I have found that are helpfu in defining who I am as a Christian and I will get into these as I move along this journey. I felt it very important that tonight, I first understand as a Christian I am a child of the King I am a joint heir with Christ! HE chose me and he has designed it for me to have life and to have it more abundantly!!!!



God Bless,


Nathan

Intense Debate Comments