Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is MOST important to you?

This question keeps rolling around in my mind over the past few days, as I have spent time in the Word of God and in prayer...I hunger for a revival in my life!! Not something that is done for show, not something that will receive praise from others, but a revival that causes me to live a life of honor. When you live an honorable life it doesn't matter the circumstance or who is around, you are always trying to do the right thing! That is what I mean by I want a revival inside of me, a purifying of my heart, a resetting of my priorities, a complete shift in my lifestyle, one that reflects Christ in every way...

As I have been seeking for this, the question keeps coming back to me, What is MOST important to you? I believe that the Holy Spirit has been asking me this question to make me realize what I need to lay down, what I need to set aside in my pursuit of God. Think about it like this, when Christ was born Angels came to the Shepherds and told them of Christ being born in Bethlehem and that they should stop what they were doing and go and see the Christ-child.

The same thing with the Wise Men they started following the star that eventually led them to Christ, and didn't even get there until the child was 2 years old!! As I read this story I began to realize that just as the Shepherds and the Wise Men that came and found Jesus the Son of God, that the Holy Spirit was wanting me to put down that which was most important to me and just seek after God!!

So, I ask you, what is MOST important to you? Do like the Shepherds when they left their livelihood on the side of the hill and sought after Christ, do like the Wise Men and leave all of the wealth and comfort of your home and risk your life to find a child that you are being led to by a star...what do you need to leave to find Christ? What is keeping you from seeking Christ in the fullness and faithfulness that He longs for from you??

God Bless,
Nathan

Intense Debate Comments