Friday, May 15, 2009

Identity Crisis 2

As we continue to talk about this identity crisis that the church, and christians for that matter are experiencing, I want to show you something from Proverbs 7. This portion of scripture speaks of a woman that has dressed herself up as a harlot in order to attract interest from a young man that, as the scripture says, was void of understanding. The modern church in America, and to an extent around the world are doing just this, dressing ourselves up in a way that would appeal to the flesh of those that are void of understanding. The church is augmenting with flesh to attract the world. We have come to a place where we are more concerned about pleasing men and filling our churches than preaching the truth of God's Word!!!

Just as the woman in Proverbs 7, the church has forgotten who we are, we have lost the power of the Holy Spirit and as a result we have deferred to trying to please the people than to do what the Word of God has commanded us to do, and here is what the Bible says, John 12:32 - And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. I always thought when reading this scripture that meant if I praised God that all men would be drawn unto Him, and I do believe when we praise Him that people will be drawn to Him. I also believe that the scripture is saying when you lift me up, Jesus. Jesus, the way, the truth, and the life then as a result of presenting that truth without dilution and without concern of pleasing men, then I will draw them unto me through the conviction of my Holy Spirit!!


We will go over the reason for churches/christians losing their identity and the power of the Holy Spirit in the next blog.

God Bless,
Nathan

No comments:

Intense Debate Comments